How will the accelerated growth of remote/remote-first jobs affect the society and urban landscape? Here are a few trends we can expect to continue or start to see in a post COVID world.
- Apartments/homes with dedicated office rooms.
- Fewer dedicated office buildings particularly for tech companies.
- Shared work spaces available for rent for occasional meetings or work sessions.
- More community center halls available for rent for all company gatherings, conferences etc.
- More open spaces and parks.
- Continued growth in online grocery and retail shopping.
- Reduced traffic during “office” hours.
- Growth in digital nomadic lifestyle.
- Rapid increase in internet connectivity, speed and reliability as digital nomads continue to grow worldwide.